How can I transfer my favorites from window 7 to windows 10?

Solution

Your browser probably has an Export/Import function.

Export from Win 7, Import to Win 10.

jonhenne

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017

I don't think they are stored in the Cloud. For Chrome, click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner then got to bookmarks, then bookmark manager..Next click on the Organize tab and you will have an option to export and import bookmarks to a html file. That file is stored on your computer. You can move it to a flash drive, and then import it once your Windows 10 is installed and you have reinstalled Chrome. Probably a similar procedure for other browsers.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Yes. Google accounts store logins, bookmarks, and history so you can login to any computer and have all your favorites available. Also links the details so you can see browser history of an android device on PC, if you have one.

Firefox offers a similar service and once Edge is available on Android/IOS, I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar sync service with it as well.

If you use IE, there is likely to be a way to import those into Edge if that is what you choose to use.

Hmmm, I do have a Google account, and have manually backed up a few documents/folders to my Google Drive account, but I don't see where any of my bookmarks are backed up to Chrome. Under Backups, it says "No Backups". I don't have any automatic sync settings turned on.

That explains it. I have set my account to not sync any devices, mainly because I don't want all of my main computer's bookmarks to be synced to my Android devices (my phone, and my Wife's tablet). I guess as long as I remember where my exported HTML bookmarks file is stored, I can manually recover my bookmarks like I had to do last week after I was having problems with Windows Updates and had to revert back to a disc image from a few months ago.