Why is windows using primarily my HDD instead of SDD after booting from hibernation?

david_pereira

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
Hello, i have a SDD (C:\) with W10 and a HDD (D:\) for data. For some reason, everytime i boot Windows from hibernation, it starts using the HDD instead of the SDD, which makes my tasks really sluggish. Right now the only way to fix is to shutdown and not use hibernation, but that sucks. Any idea what could be causing this?
dLR3U

Solution
Hello david_pereira

Can you please confirm if you kept the HDD connected to the computer while installing Windows on your SSD drive?

Sometime leaving the HDD connected causes issue. A workaround to this could be to disconnect the HDD, install Windows 10 on SSD, and then reconnect the HDD once the installation completes.

Please report back with more details to allow us to help you with a precise solution.

Cheers!!
Hello david_pereira

Can you please confirm if you kept the HDD connected to the computer while installing Windows on your SSD drive?

Sometime leaving the HDD connected causes issue. A workaround to this could be to disconnect the HDD, install Windows 10 on SSD, and then reconnect the HDD once the installation completes.

Please report back with more details to allow us to help you with a precise solution.

Cheers!!

Solution