Consistent Display Stutter/Lag ONLY when Browser Based Video is Streaming

Darvolin

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
I have recently run into quite a frustrating issue with my computer. I will post my PC specs below.

Essentially the problem is as follows...

So long as I have video streaming open in any web browser (even if it is paused) my entire display (consisting of two monitors) has a rhythmic moment of skip/stutter/lag every 4-5 seconds. It is very obvious on the video but it happens to my entire computer, ending precisely the moment the webpage is closed. This happens on Netflix as well as XFinity streaming services and it doesn't matter which web browser I use (though I've only tried Edge and Chrome).

It is definitely tied specifically to browser based video streaming as I encounter no issues when I game (thank god), nor when I played a downloaded video file off of my hard drive. It is worth mentioning that my drivers are up to date and restarting the computer does not fix the issue. I have a rather old spinning media hard drive which I've been worried will fail but it seems too specific for that to be the issue. I am truly at a loss and would love to avoid swapping components to resolve the problem.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor
Video Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
Memory: 16 GB
1 TB HDD
256 GB SSD
128 GB SSD <- OS installed here
Dual 1080p monitors.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Darvolin

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
I feel silly for having turned to the community only to discover my own answer hours later but nonetheless here is my solution after trying many things...

The optional AMD driver for my setup was the problem. I rolled back to their latest stable release and was fine.

Darvolin

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
I feel silly for having turned to the community only to discover my own answer hours later but nonetheless here is my solution after trying many things...

The optional AMD driver for my setup was the problem. I rolled back to their latest stable release and was fine.

TRENDING THREADS