USB Device Not Recognized but I don't know what it is?

StaticDrift

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
I just built this computer last friday, and I'm tired of constantly seeing USB Device Not Recognized pop up. My mouse, keyboard, and headphones are the only thing I have plugged in. Occassionally, I'll have a thing pop up that says "USB Device Not Recongized", and then the fans ramp up for a second. It also makes that USB disconnect, then reconnect sound. I don't know whats going on, but I want this gone. As I said, I have no clue what other USB devices I could POSSIBLY have plugged in. The only thing I could think of is my AIO which I had to plug into a USB 2.0 spot on the mobo. Can someone help?

EDIT: I've updated BIOS, installed Intel Management System, installed chipset, and a couple other things. Nothing solves it.

Solution
the USB is not required to run the cooler from what I can tell it is for the sensor data and lighting. disconnect the USB from the header. this will verify that is the USB device in question verify we're on the right track. Verify that the pump is working after the USB disconnection, if pump does not engage reconnect.
"Attach the included Corsair Link cable to a USB header on your motherboard and download the free Corsair Link software to unlock even more power. You can customize cooling performance, monitor coolant and CPU temperatures, and change the color of the RGB LED lighting from the default white to match your system, or to change color based on temperature readings and other inputs." from corsairs site. sounds optional to me.

StaticDrift

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014

Not sure if it's for power or monitoring. I'd assume monitoring because the other cable is plugged into SATA. Specs:
Corsair h110i
i7 7700k
GTX 1080ti
16gb 2400mhz ddr4 ram
MSI Gaming M5 z270 mobo
Let me know if you need anything else.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the USB is not required to run the cooler from what I can tell it is for the sensor data and lighting. disconnect the USB from the header. this will verify that is the USB device in question verify we're on the right track. Verify that the pump is working after the USB disconnection, if pump does not engage reconnect.
"Attach the included Corsair Link cable to a USB header on your motherboard and download the free Corsair Link software to unlock even more power. You can customize cooling performance, monitor coolant and CPU temperatures, and change the color of the RGB LED lighting from the default white to match your system, or to change color based on temperature readings and other inputs." from corsairs site. sounds optional to me.

Solution