Question About Overclocking Profiles

phi88

Reputable
Oct 27, 2017
Recently I've been getting into overclocking my CPU. I have saved two profiles, one with my overclock settings and one with the regular stock settings (that way I could easily switch between overclocked and regular). However, I noticed that when I switch from one profile to another and exit my BIOS, my computer shuts down. I'm able to turn it back on and the profile is applied, but I'm just wondering if this is normal. Is it normal for my computer to shut down after an overclock profile is applied?

Specs:

• AMD Ryzen r5 1600
    Msi B350M Gaming Pro
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8 GB) DDR4-2400

Same CPU/MB here. When I switch profiles, the pc does shut down, but it will reboot itself with new profiles. When you say you need to turn it back on, do you wait long enough to see whether it will boot itself after shut down?

phi88

Reputable
Oct 27, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. The longest I've waited was about 15 seconds, so I don't think I've waited long enough to see if it boots itself up. I will have to see if it does next time I switch profiles.

phi88

Reputable
Oct 27, 2017

It was able to boot itself back up in about 10 seconds when I switched profiles recently. Seems to be normal.