Triple monitor setup for gaming and casual work

NoobKid

Commendable
Mar 11, 2017
Hi. So i have a AOC AGON AG271QX 27 inches. And i really want a triple monitor setup. My plan is to have the current gaming monitor i have and add 1 monitor om each side (2). I am curious about what screens i should add, what size, resolution, panel type...

Because i dont spend most og my time gaming my plan was to buy two AOC Q2775PQU

Is that a good idea. Is it too big with 3 27 inches monitors. Is it bad to use both IPS and TN panels. Should i go for a dual monitor setup instead or should i sell my current monitor and go for something different?

I know this is a kinda stupid thread but i dont want to waste money om testing myself

Thanks, Erik

Solution
I would sell you monitor, and I would go for a 34" 1440p curved ultrawide. You have the choice to game ultawide, or in 16:9 (Windowed), and still have some of the display left over.
There are few triple monitor games.
Verify that you can identify a couple you might want to play and what their requirements might be.
Three gaming monitors takes significant graphics capability.

If you go that route, you probably want three identical monitors.

Mostly, though games will play on the primary monitor.
It is nice to have a side monitor or two for normal desktop work.
They need not be identical.
In that case, the side monitors do not add to the gaming load on your gpu.

4745454b

Titan
I have a triple display setup. I got a deal on a different forum for two identical 26" monitors. I had them side by side on my desk until I ready for the third. I then bought a mount and a third identical monitor off of Ebay. If you are mounting, which I do recommend, I HIGHLY suggest using identical monitors. It will help you get them side by side better, and will look cleaner overall. If your current monitor is a 27", get more 27" monitors. My mount supports up to three 27" monitors going from memory. If like me you are gaming on one and just using the surrounds for general display this won't matter as much.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JG7G2E

NoobKid

Commendable
Mar 11, 2017
OK, thanks for the help. But is IT a bad idea to mix panel types?

And eaven though i have a GTX 1080 i am not planting to play games on all three og them. If i would go that route i would have needed two WQHD 144HZ Displays. But then TN paneld are my Only choice. (I am planning to spend maximum 800$)

So now i basicly just want to know if i should go with IPS ir TN panels (i spend most time on casual work, But still are a competitive player on a low tier esport team). And what displays i should buy in general for my needs:)

4745454b

Titan
Different refresh rates are the problem I've read about. 144Hz monitors paired with 60Hz monitors, etc. TN matched with IPS monitors isn't something I've heard people complain about. You'll have an issue because they look different and no matter how you adjust them they won't look the same. That's why I bought 3 that are all the same. But as long as the side ones are the same and you aren't using all three as one you should be fine.

NoobKid

Commendable
Mar 11, 2017
Should i stick to my plan and buy two of these then:
AOC Q2775PQU

or would it be better to use all my money on two more of the current monitor i have?
AOC AG271QX

Bungle11

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
I would sell you monitor, and I would go for a 34" 1440p curved ultrawide. You have the choice to game ultawide, or in 16:9 (Windowed), and still have some of the display left over.

Solution