help choosing new graphics card

nahort

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
i haven't been studying reviews like i normally do before making a purchase like this so im turning to my favorite community for help. so here is my situation for anyone that cares; if you dont then skip to the link...

several months back i pulled an old hd6950 out of a new Intel machine i built to stick into an old amd phenom build to give to a friend. now i am running on Intel graphics which is pretty aweful. at the time i was going to upgrade to a gtx 1070 while they were still sub $400. well as we all do, i got busy and never made the purchase. when i went back to find one there were none available under 500 so i just decided to wait. now it appears prices have fallen, although not to where i would like. but im growing tired of waiting.

so now to the good stuff. this is what i am looking at.
http://

im not necessarily looking to go above a 1070 but for the price this seems quite good. am i missing something? it seems most 1080s are well above this price point. it looks like this is roughly 100$ more than the low end 1070s. is the price/performance worth it?

sorry for the very poorly laid out text. i can supply any additional info but am really just looking on guidance for the 1070/1080 market. also couldnt find anything on new card dates. should i be waiting? thank you