No signal on monitor

oratian

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
Hello all. I was using my computer this morning, a custom tower, when my friend opened my door and the door hit it. The screen froze and I waited for it to unfreeze, but this did not happen. When I rebooted it, my monitor was failing to receive a signal. I have tried DVI-D and different HDMI cords galore, to no avail. I have reseated and resecured every cord within the computer. I do not think it is a monitor problem because the monitor works with other computers. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Solution
I run my pc through my 1080p tv via hdmi. This has happenend to me probable 10x and i have to turn everything off for a little but put ur tv ontv b4 u shut it off. Then take an hdmi and reverse the endsor try a different hdmi chord. I do both. Then Turn your tv on 1st, put it back to your PC then turn PC on. Also When you powere all off unplug the psu cable from psu then push it back it, nice n hard. Works for me. good luck!

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014
I run my pc through my 1080p tv via hdmi. This has happenend to me probable 10x and i have to turn everything off for a little but put ur tv ontv b4 u shut it off. Then take an hdmi and reverse the endsor try a different hdmi chord. I do both. Then Turn your tv on 1st, put it back to your PC then turn PC on. Also When you powere all off unplug the psu cable from psu then push it back it, nice n hard. Works for me. good luck!

Solution