Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k with higher refresh monitor black screen? No signal?

Paintrain84

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I'll get right to the point, I am trying to stream on YouTube and twitch. I have 2 computers. Computer A is my primary gaming PC with a Ryzen 1800x and SLI GTX 1080Ti's displayed with an Asus Rog Swift 2560x1440 144hz monitor. I want to capture this game play with computer B that is sitting right next to me, that has a BlackMagic Intesity Pro 4k card in it.

My issue: The intensity pro 4k has two HDMI ports. One in and one out, naturally. My gaming monitor for computer A is a 2560x144p 144hz monitor with a DISPLAY port only =\

I used an HDMI from computer A to go to the intensity pro in computer B. Then I use an HDMI to display port to go into the monitor for computer A. It's just a black screen on computer A and does not pick anything up on computer B no matter the change in settings.

Am I using the wrong cable? Is this Blackmagic intensity pro 4k unable to send the 2560x1440p @ 144hz signal back to my monitor? Information on this card is vague at best and im not sure what the issue is here. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Solution

DisplayPort-HDMI adapters are not bi-directional, so if you have a cheap $10 DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, this will not function as an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter, it will only work in the specified direction (DisplayPort source to HDMI display).

Most likely, but hard to say without knowing which one you're using :p

There aren't any adapters that will do what you want, there are only a handful of HDMI to DisplayPort adapters and none of them support bandwidth above HDMI 1.4-level.

Paintrain84

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Hmm doesnt seem like it would be able to pass a signal through it then if its coming from a display port and back out to an HDMI huh?

DisplayPort-HDMI adapters are not bi-directional, so if you have a cheap $10 DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, this will not function as an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter, it will only work in the specified direction (DisplayPort source to HDMI display).

Solution