Opinion on my build? (first time building)

ceemike

Commendable
Oct 30, 2017
opinions on this build? Aiming to play games like battlefield 1 and pubg and also GTA V at 1080p/60fps at high settings.
Have a budget of AUD$1200 with monitor and already have windows 10, keyboard and mouse.
Cheers.

ceemike

Commendable
Oct 30, 2017

as i’ve had a 27” thunderbolt display for a while i’ve adjusted to its size and going down to below 20 would be uncomfortable and i can oc the 1200 to a higher freq than 1300x. thanks for opinion though

ceemike

Commendable
Oct 30, 2017

hi, im fairly new to pc building and was wondering if you could recommend reputable stores to purchase from? I live in australia. cheers

fredfinks

Honorable
Hopefully you live in a major city to avoid postage. Cheapest parts are going to generally come from MSY, Umart and megabuy. It really doesnt matter, if its faulty theyll all refund/swap or send for repair if not DOA. (most pc faults are DOA parts, generally if its working out of the box itll work longer than its waranty period)
Do staticice.com for part prices.

One thing to possibly change for an extra $10-$15 is the power supply (not that the fractal is bad). This antec is top rated and gives more overhead for future GPU purchaces - Antec HCG-620M

ceemike

Commendable
Oct 30, 2017

okay thank you so much :)
one more thing! I really need a pc case with preferably quiet fans (as from reviews i've heard that the deepcool tesseract fans are quite loud) under $100 AUD if you could suggest me thank you!

fredfinks

Honorable
No prob, and dont be afraid to look on ebay/gumtree for 2nd hand GPUs for your next upgrade. e.g i recently sold a 1080 for $60.
Id be hassling you to shell out for that and a 16:9 32" 1440p monitor!

Edit: fans - eeeeerrr um most cases under $100 will come with crappy fans. May be better to get the case you like and grab a Nocuta A14 (best in the business). Hopefully the case you choose has space for front 140mm fans. If not get a noctua P12 120mm (most situations a larger diamter fan is better/quieter than a smaller diamter fans at high rpm to shift same amount of air)

Fractal have a case for approx $89. it does come with good quiet fans although only 120mm & comes with a silly window. (i think cases should be neither seen or heard)

ceemike

Commendable
Oct 30, 2017

$60 is insane, also just your preference on an ATX case that I should get with quiet fans >$100. Cheers

ceemike

Commendable
Oct 30, 2017

Oh okay, also, as a first time builder is a semi modular PSU necessary?

fredfinks

Honorable
No, but cleaner. Only use the cables you need.
The reason for recommending is that the antec 620 HCG has more overhead for future GPU use and top notch build (capacitors, welding etc) for better voltage regulation. its only like $10 more. Itll last for many years/builds

I should say you dont need the extra fan with that gpu & CPU. The suplied 2x front should be adequate.