Windows 10 black screen + flickering taskbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvakaS

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
Hello, this morning when I started my PC, it got stuck on Welcome screen. I restarted it and on startup I got different messages like "Hi" (10 times), "We are setting you up", "Windows stays up to date when you are offline", "Making sure your apps are..." and blah blah blah. After 1 hour like this I got to the point where I see a black screen with a flashing toolbar and I am unable to click anything.

Solution
If anyone else experiences this, it's due to a failed Windows update. And here's the fix:

Click Ctrl + Shift + Esc (task manager). Go to File -> New Task. Type rstrui.exe and start it. This will open the System Restore function and you should be able to restore your PC to a point past the failed update.

IvakaS

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
If anyone else experiences this, it's due to a failed Windows update. And here's the fix:

Click Ctrl + Shift + Esc (task manager). Go to File -> New Task. Type rstrui.exe and start it. This will open the System Restore function and you should be able to restore your PC to a point past the failed update.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.