Monitor doesn't recognize my graphics card... but my motherboard?

nikgamerdkdk

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
Hello Fokes

So i have just moved my pc from one bulding to another. but now my monitor doesn't recognize my cable to my pc..
I have tried both dvi and hdmi and tried several monitors to attempt to make it work.
I have also tried to remove the graphic card, clean it for dust and place it carefully back... still doesn't work ._.
then i tried to use the motherboards input, that worked. (both dvi and hdmi)
So i can now come on my pc and see something on the monitor.

But what could be wrong with my graphic card? or is it something else?

[Note] when i try to use my graphic card, it shows the loading screen of asus (asus motherboard) but in a very low graphic, after it has loaded the motherboard thing, it then turns black and says "there is no signal". But with my motherboard it's of course perfectly normal.

[Specs]
Gigabyte gtx 1070
2x8GB Kingston Hyperx furry DDR4-2133
Intel Core i5-7600 Kaby Lake
Western digital black 1TB
Asus Rog Strix H270F Gaming motherboard

Solution
Try moving the graphics card to the secondary PCI-Ex16 (x4) slot and boot the system with the display connected to the graphic card output. If you see the same behavior, it appears the graphic card or perhaps the power supply is the issue. If the system boots normally, then it appears the PCI-Ex16 slot is faulty.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Try moving the graphics card to the secondary PCI-Ex16 (x4) slot and boot the system with the display connected to the graphic card output. If you see the same behavior, it appears the graphic card or perhaps the power supply is the issue. If the system boots normally, then it appears the PCI-Ex16 slot is faulty.

-Wolf sends

Solution

nikgamerdkdk

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017

Okay sry for the late reply
But i've done it now and it does boot so i can see something on my monitor. But it's in a very bad resolution (800x650) and i can't do anything about it.
So it's the otherboard that is broke right?