Monitor says 1080p but doesnt look right.

Max_Styker

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
When i power on my monitor (Toshiba) it says 1080p in the corner but my pc says to use 1280x760 so i use 1366x768 because it looks the most normal. If i use 1920x1080p it looks really small but HD. When i play games like Overwatch ill change it to 1080 and 1080 in the game and the display and it looks fine. But idk.

What do you mean "it looks really small"? What looks small?

Right click on the desktop, go to Display Settings, and change the first slider ("Change the size of text...") to 125% or 150%.

Max_Styker

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

no i mean everything is small, the icons are small, the pointer is small, the taskbar is small. I even tried the monitors fitting from native to full to 4:3 and none made it better.

Yes, the slider I mentioned will fix all of that, it's not just text, I typed "..." because I didn't want to type out the whole label.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
As I said above, I'm not convinced there's any issue here. Things look smaller at higher resolutions on the same size monitor, that's just how it is. As @Glenwing said, the OP probably just needs to adjust his desktop scaling settings if he finds things too small.

Max_Styker

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

im not retarded, i know there is a problem here.

Did you try adjusting the slider I mentioned which adjusts the size of text, icons, applications, etc.?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

OK, well then can you provide a picture demonstrating the problem? Either using printscreen to capture your desktop, or if that doesn't properly capture the issue maybe just take a picture of the display with a camera.

Max_Styker

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

ill do it as soon as i get home