Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Poor gaming performance?

My system:
Intel Pentium G4560 (7th gen 3.5GHz 2 cores 4 threads)
8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 2133MHz
GTX 760 ti (OEM rebranded GTX 670)
Samsung SSD 850 EVO
Corsair TX650M Gold

CPU Core clock: Stable at 3.49GHz

GPU Core clock: Stable at 1055MHz

Here's a link to my DirectX Diagnostics results: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B--sybQBf2RnQklPbnktVHpoVE0

While gaming, my CPU usage will spike for seemingly no reason. GPU Usage will go down to actually 0% and the game will slow to a crawl. I mean like 3-5 FPS. This lasts a few seconds then it picks back up. It happens in all games.

This behavior doesn't seem to have a pattern to it... It happens while I'm hanging in goal in Rocket League (medium world detail, high performance texture detail, no AA, 1080p). It'll do it when very little is happening on screen, it'll do it when lots of things are happening visually, it just doesn't make sense. Even Undertale lags like this from time to time, and it uses like 8% of my GPU bc it's so basic.

My Windows power plan is High Performance and my Nvidia power plan is Prefer Maximum Performance. I'm running Nvidia GeForce drivers version 388.13. All device drivers are installed. I am not trying to multitask during gaming.

I've redownloaded the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, used different flash drives, created the install media on different PCs, the issues persist.

Solution
You have a confused desktop there... see if you turn it off in settings/personalisation/taskbar
scroll down to Notification area and click Select which icons appear on the taskbar
now you shouldn't have this as its a desktop but the option for battery is Power, turn it off if its there

Notes: You may need to select show hidden icons on the taskbar before selecting the battery icon. Power is not an option on systems without a battery.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027340/windows-add-the-battery-icon-to-the-taskbar-in-windows-10

maybe it thinks the cmos battery is your battery? I don't know, I can't even choose it since I am on a desktop.

Who did you get GPU Drivers from? Nvidia or windows update...

Max CPU temp is 58C and max GPU temp is 55C (I have an Arctic Accelero Mono Plus on it).

Now here's something confusing. I have a battery indicator on my taskbar. At the bottom right, it says 0% battery, power saver is on.

That's hilarious. This is a desktop.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You have a confused desktop there... see if you turn it off in settings/personalisation/taskbar
scroll down to Notification area and click Select which icons appear on the taskbar
now you shouldn't have this as its a desktop but the option for battery is Power, turn it off if its there

Notes: You may need to select show hidden icons on the taskbar before selecting the battery icon. Power is not an option on systems without a battery.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027340/windows-add-the-battery-icon-to-the-taskbar-in-windows-10

maybe it thinks the cmos battery is your battery? I don't know, I can't even choose it since I am on a desktop.

Who did you get GPU Drivers from? Nvidia or windows update? Surprisingly the windows drivers might be more stable.

Have you tried any of the Win 10 gaming features in settings? It might be something in there.

Solution

That did manage to get rid of the battery, thanks.

I the graphics drivers from drivers.geforce.com and I didn't install GeForce Experience bc I hate it. I don't think that's a problem, is it?

Also, if I click on Change Plan Settings to the right of High Performance, then Advanced Power Settings, the settings look more like the power saver plan then the high performance plan.

Minimum Processor State was 10% and Maximum Processor State was 60%. I changed these to 80% and 100%.

It seems to be doing much better in games and it's even loading web pages faster. For some reason, the Advanced Power Settings button wasn't there for me until I disabled the battery icon.

You're right, this was one confused desktop.

Thanks for the help mate, this was a huge help!

I don't know either. I just installed Windows. I got all my drivers from the manufacturer's site, and graphics drivers from drivers.geforce.com so I don't think I did that part wrong...