Ghost Local Account

Krokzter

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but here it goes, if it isn't please redirect me to a better place, into topic now.
I've recently downloaded the latest AMD driver for my RX 470 GPU and it gave me a black screen. In order to fix this I had to download to July driver (latest one available working), use a program to uninstall AMD drivers, go into safe mode and roll it back.
I did all the steps above mentioned and when I fixed it a local account started showing up. I tried deleting it but it didn't appear anywhere, I tried doing it through command prompt and accidentally deleted the admin user (dumb mistake I know).
I finally got my PC back from the store where they fixed it for me, but they have no idea where that local account came from. They were not able to remove it and instead made a new admin account that I'm using. If it helps to clear the issue whenever I turn on my computer it says the password is wrong (withouth me giving it any input). Any further clearance is appreciated, thank you for your time.

Jesse_20

Distinguished

Have you tried going into the registry and removing the local account there?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/156826/how-to-disable-and-delete-user-profiles

Krokzter

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016

I read through it and there's no "ProfileList" as it mentions.

Krokzter

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016

The account name is the same as my first ever local account, which has been deleted for over a year.
It's also the same name I have on my Microsoft account, but I don't think that's the issue since I had no issues with my phone which is synced with that account.
EDIT: And I don't know whether it is admin or not, since I have no acess to it.