Windows 10 installation boot up

andrelawrence96

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
I just finished building my computer and im having a lot of trouble getting the boot up working. Im trying to install windows 10 from a usb onto my ssd. When i first booted my computer it went into the boot menu and i installed windows onto the ssd. I then restarted my computer and switched the priority to the ssd and it restarted again. After that it took me back to the boot menu instead of windows. Ive tried formatting it and reinstalling but it continues to load the boot menu. However i did notice that when i switch the priority from my original ssd to the windows boot manager ssd windows loads and i can get into my computer just fine. If thats the case is there a problem with me using just the windows boot manager or would it be better to boot from the ssd. If so how would i get the ssd to boot windows. I am currently on the windows installation screen and i see 4 different drive 0’s, partitions 1-4 and in a tutorial i was watching they said to delete all of the partitions. I dont know if i should do that or not.

andrelawrence96

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017

I got it working. I ran the windows set up from the USB and on the lidt of drives and partitions i deleted my ssd and added it as a new drive.