I put a lamp behind my monitor and I'm worried about the heat. Is that a problem?

Solution

A Halogen bulb? OW!
Hold your hand near it. If it is too hot for your hand, it is too hot for the monitor.

HappyGamer99

Reputable
May 27, 2015
As long as the lamp isn't producing exorbitant amounts of heat it should be fine. That said if you are using an incandescent light bulb switching to a led or fluorescent bulb would reduce the heat output.
Hope this helps! :)

Heat rises, meaning it travels almost vertically. There is also heat effect by proximity and radiant heat.
Your monitor is likely vented near the top portion and is cooling by heat's natural tendency to rise out.
What matters is the style and wattage of the bulb to get an idea of how much heat it might give off,
and also how close it is to the back of the monitor. If it's an old incandescent bulb at 100 watts, and you
put it 1" away from the back of the monitor, it's a problem..the radiant heat would be insane (put your hand there).
An LED light throws way less heat (put your hand there).

Urkedurke

Reputable
Aug 28, 2015

http://www.halogenstore.com/sijalice/obicne/sijalinca-minjonka-40-w/
I'm not sure how to answer so i hope this helps (sorry for the serbian)

USAFRet

Titan

A Halogen bulb? OW!
Hold your hand near it. If it is too hot for your hand, it is too hot for the monitor.

Solution

Urkedurke

Reputable
Aug 28, 2015

Yeah it too almost too hot for my hand I guess i'l get a led bulb like HappyGamer99 or dudio said.
Thanks for the reply.