HELP! WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR After overclock.

jmeyer140

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
Hi all!

Recently I was dabbling with some overclocking on my cpu. It appeared stable at 4.0ghz after running Prime95 for 15-20 minutes. I then decided to try running Cities Skylines, which normally ran just fine with stock settings, and after about 45 minutes of play I get the "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" blue screen. I then reset back to defaults in BIOS and loaded back into windows. I ran Prime95 again for about 10 minutes and all was fine. I then loaded Cities Skylines and again got the same blue screen after about 45 minutes. I've tried uninstalling Cities a couple times now with no success. I've also noticed that after about 2 hours of streaming, sometimes longer, I will get the same blue screen.

I've done a memory check, ran Prime95 for over 45 minutes consecutively, visually inspected the motherboard for any damages or swelling caps, and tested both SSD's. Everything comes out OK. The only time I get the error is while running a game or streaming video. Normal browsing hasn't seemed to be causing the error.

Could this be an issue with the graphics card? What all should I be looking at and testing to find the issue?

Any input is much appreciated. I know my rig is a bit outdated but I just got it and would like to try and save it if possible. I'm hoping I didn't screw up with the overclock and damage components.

Parts List as follows:

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev 3.0
AMD fx8320 3.50ghz
PNY Single 8gb Memory
Corsair H100i 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler (idle temps 22-26c load temps 50-60c)
EVGA GTX 660ti
2 Kingston 120gb SSD
2 500gb 2.5" Mechanical Drives

Solution
Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA) are errors called by the CPU but not necessarily caused by it.

How did you overclock? Did you use any software like MSI Afterburner as that can cause WHEA errors. Remove any overclocking software.

Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA) are errors called by the CPU but not necessarily caused by it.

How did you overclock? Did you use any software like MSI Afterburner as that can cause WHEA errors. Remove any overclocking software.

Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Solution