Blue screen error (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area) from USB install of windows 10/media creation tool

blapenta1992

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Hello,

I have ran into a strange issue.

First off I created a USB (formatted fat32) with the media creation tool/windows 10 install on it. The first time I used it was on an old laptop. After the install of windows 10 was finished. I ran into the blue screen error of page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. I did a lot of diagnostics but was stumped, sent it to HP for repair.

Another PC comes my way that wasn't function properly. So I go about the same process and reimage the PC with my USB. Strangely I get the same page_fault_in_nonpaged_area blue screen. I run some diagnostics, error codes pop up for a bad HD, get a replacement from HP. Re-image with my USB, same thing, page_fault_in_nonpaged_area blue screen.

I just received a brand new laptop in the mail at my place of work from HP. I began working on it by just install windows 10 from my USB. What do you know, I get the same page_fault_in_nonpaged_area blue screen error! What is going on here? Something is definitely wrong with my USB install of windows 10, its hosing any PC I image with it...the only thing I can think of is the formatting of my USB could be causing the problem but I am definitely confused. Anyone have any ideas?

Solution
So these errors are after the installation has completed or during? I assumed it was during.

if PC works, go to C:\windows, change the view to show hidden files and folders, and copy memory.dmp to documents
Upload the copy from documents to a file sharing site and I will ask someone to read it and see what it blames.

Most BSOD after installation are drivers, during its not normally caused by the default drivers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you get bsod during installation or after? Most BSOD are caused by drivers but can also be hardware

non paged area = ram. Try running free version of memtest86 on your ram sticks, 1 at a time. Any errors are too many as only score you want is 0. It creates a bootable USB so need need for windows

www.memtest86.com

blapenta1992

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017

It cannot be ram because this laptop is fresh out the box that I got the error on. So it might be driver issue.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So these errors are after the installation has completed or during? I assumed it was during.

if PC works, go to C:\windows, change the view to show hidden files and folders, and copy memory.dmp to documents
Upload the copy from documents to a file sharing site and I will ask someone to read it and see what it blames.

Most BSOD after installation are drivers, during its not normally caused by the default drivers.

Solution