Lifespan of monitor ended ?

justajok3

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
My monitor had used about 7 years and it suddenly faded out. Is it its lifespan ended or other factor cause this problem ? It's still fading out even i unplugged the DVI cable or VGA cable.

xXYrR

Solution
with parts there no real set life. i had tv go bad in under a year to tv that would not die...on your unit sounds like the backlight went bad. i would google your model see what the cost of the back light is. if it cheap you can try replacing it yourself or pick up a new monitor on black Friday deal. most moniotor and pc will die/faill if there brown outs or power spikes. just had a friend lose there tv from local brown outs we had this week.
with parts there no real set life. i had tv go bad in under a year to tv that would not die...on your unit sounds like the backlight went bad. i would google your model see what the cost of the back light is. if it cheap you can try replacing it yourself or pick up a new monitor on black Friday deal. most moniotor and pc will die/faill if there brown outs or power spikes. just had a friend lose there tv from local brown outs we had this week.

Solution