Local system account and User-Group named WDAGUtilityAccount

Crimsom_247

Reputable
Sep 19, 2016
Does anyone know anything about WDAGUtilityAccount? It looks like my PC has a virus or has been hijacked by the recent addition of a local system account and a User-Group, both named WDAGUtilityAccount.

Belarc Advisor reveals the creation of the disabled local system account named WDAGUtilityAccount and this account is not listed in the user account control panel. Further investigation reveals the creation of a new User-Group named WDAGUtilityAccount. Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) is not enabled.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Not a virus. It was introduced with the Fall Creator's Update. WDAG isn't enabled but it still creates the local system account and the user-group. It's disabled but it's included in the Fall Creator's package.

That's as far as I heard.

Crimsom_247

Reputable
Sep 19, 2016
Hello JalYt_Justin, Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) applies to Windows 10 Enterprise version 1709. My OS is Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1709 (build 16299.19). So the WDAGUtilityAccount is not applicable for my Operating System (OS).

Do not understand why Microsoft has created the WDAGUtilityAccount local system account and User-Group on my Win10 Home OS. I have NOT user enrolled in the Windows 10 insider program so I am mystified why my new Win10 Home update to the Fall Creator's package includes the WDAG bits.

If it s not a virus, has my PC been hijacked? Thank you.