XFX Teases Custom Vega Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'd be more excited if my last (and only) XFX card didn't suck so hard. When my HD 7870 was under decent load for a bit, the fan was so loud (and unbalanced?) it sounded like my PC was about to hover off the table and fly away.

NorthboundOcclusive

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
XFX hasn’t confirmed which card was pictured, we suspect that the images show both the Vega 64 and Vega 56; note that one model has black fans, and the other has red.
that first picture, im certain is just a cropped, desaturated (and maybe darkened) version of the second, and there's no fans visible in the 3rd

YMMV of course, i cant say ive had any complaints where xfx is concerned, but its probably been close to a decade since ive bought one of their cards

Yep, I was going to comment on that too. They just filtered the image to be black and white while leaving their logo colored. Moving a color picker over the image, you can verify that everything is perfectly grey, with identical RGB channels, aside from the logo plate and a bit of the shroud immediately in front of it. That one was clearly just meant as more of a teaser image.

proscriptus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is definitively the Vega 64 - it's the card in the GTribe build, previously stated to be the 64 and since confirmed.

Didn't realize it was the first custom 64 though!

Krazie_Ivan

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
both of my XFX 7970's had issues caused by the lead-free solder traces being too thin in the PCB layers, developing micro fractures. had to reflow (bake them in oven) every few months to fix artifacting or bring em back to life, cause XFX didn't want to honor their warranty (cards were a gift, no invoice to submit).

buying an even warmer, more power-hungry GPU, from a mfg who cuts corners & dances around responsibility? ...nah.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

PCB traces are copper, not solder...

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
I've had great luck with my two R9 280Xs from XFX. They're both overclocked within an inch of their life, and even then, XFX said that won't void the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.