Random BSOD every now and then always says its the fault of ntsokrnl cant seem to figure it out need help

kd4kmz_dk

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
So every now and then I get a random BSOD. It doesnt ever really cause me any real issues beyond the BSOD. I would say this happens at least once a month on average. Every dmp file that is created from these blue screens is always releated to ntoskrnl but the messesages I get with each BSOD are always different. Any help would be appreciated in solving this issue I have been having

Here is a link to the most recent dmp file after a BSOD if there are any problems opening the file let me know I have never uploaded a dmp file before and had some difficulty getting this one uploaded

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnxrmxgfow8xfzs/110317-19546-01.dmp?dl=0

Update: so it went about a good month with no BSOD not sure why but now im back to getting 1 a week here is the most recent dmp file. The BSOD message I got this time and the past 3 times was pfn list corrupt.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ijr10mfupdzl3p/AABenqMKlmzDs1VrfewKMzVba?dl=0

kd4kmz_dk

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017

I ran the memtest86 and it came back with 0 errors, and I have the most recent version of firefox. But I only installed that recently and it had the same issues before it was installed.

start by updating your BIOS, and motherboard driver from the vendors website.
the problem looks like a problem with virtual memory which would point to bios, sata driver or the storage driver. (all have been updated and are on the motherboard vendors website)

install the updates and retest for failure
if it is not fixed by thee updates, I would turn off any firefox extensions.
(good odds firefox was just a victim of a bug in the outdated drivers)

kd4kmz_dk

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017

I will try this needed to update anyways because if the intel exploit but how would this explain this happening even before I had firefox installed?

basically if it is a bios bug, or bug in a sata chipset driver, or firmware bug, then anything that gets paged to the c:\pagefile.sys could become corrupted. In these cases firefox would just be the victim of the corruption rather than the cause. Something caused a bogus virtual memory address to be released back to the system and caused the bugcheck.

kd4kmz_dk

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017

Ok so I updated my bios and still got a BSOD so I decided to preform a recovery install of windows using the media creation tool seeing if this would fix anything. But it fixed nothing and im still getting BSOD. I am beginning to thing its a hardware issue causing these problems. I have a few questions though before I say its my ram since this would be the most likely culprit for the type of BSOD I have been getting, Is it possible that it could either be my graphics card or my keyboard causing these BSOD to happen.

The reason I think it could be keyboard is becuase sometimes when I turn my pc on I have to unplug and plug my keyboard in for the computer to recognize it, and it uses the default windows drivers.

The reason i think it could be my graphics card is beucase I have notice my graphics card to cause some graphical issues every now and then also its kind of old. gtx960.

If neither of these seem likely causes to you what would be the best way to figure out the culprit, im at a real loss here. I have also included the most recent dmp file below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eggnz004z317h7k/AACVPv5Kbh38AK1ykfXuoTNRa?dl=0

you have Intel Technology Access Filter Driver dated in 2015
and something is messing up your virtual memory. You might want to find out what
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndisrfl.sys Thu Jul 9 10:06:23 2015
does and see if you really need it. Or check with intel to see if there is a update
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

also go to razer support and see if you can get a update for your razer drivers. There used to be a bug where their driver would corrupt memory because they were using a passing a user mode handle from a service to a device driver.
(design flaw, that corrupts memory when the windows memory manager moves programs to and from RAM to disk (pagefile.sys virtual memory)) The request to free the virtual memory came from a service that was running, the address was invalid so the system called a bugcheck.

kd4kmz_dk

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017

okay so as far as razer stuff goes im all updated, but with ndisrfl.sys driver I found it belongs to something called Intel Technology Access which when I search is nowhere to be found on my computer. I did find and updated driver online but it will also install the software features with it that and this driver while newer than mine is still from 2015 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24415

While looking into this dirver I read if you dont have a touch screen its not even necessary so my question is if I wanted to remove it is it safe to just delete it from the system 32 folder since I cannot find the software it relates to anywhere on my computer? If not what is the best way to go about removing it.

it depends on how it was installed. if the driver is in the hidden driverstore on the machine then it will be copied back when you reboot the machine if you just delete the file. in that case you have to remove it using the pnputil.exe command. google "how to remove a driver from the windows driverstore"
here is info on the command: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730875(v=ws.11).aspx

kd4kmz_dk

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017

Okay so I tried just deleting it from the folder but it told me something was using it, so I went to look and did find that it was being used. When I opened the file location it takes me to the intel folder in program files, but when I open up the uninstall programs window the program im looking for isn't there but it is for surec installed. If I just delete the entire folder for this program would that get rid of it off my machine?

you might have to boot into safe mode before you can delete the file that way.
you would also have to go and disable the service that was talking to the driver.

kd4kmz_dk

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017

Okay last time im gonna bother you with this before I just finally conclude its a hardware problem. So I decided to just do full windows clean installation and everything was working great for a while. I was almost done re-downloading all my programs, was downloading the last adobe cc program after effects when halfway thorugh the install it bsod with a new message I have never seen before. Error Pool Corruption In File Area. Im assuming my ram is bad and memtest86 somehow did not catch it when i tested it but here is the last dmp file before I just go buy new ram. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0sgsnuyp028fv2c/AACRuyt9IFO7Ag7sXS2fBiDba?dl=0

the problem looked like it was in cache management, I would expect the it to be bug in
BIOS, the SATA chips/logic on the motherboard or in the driver for the SATA chips.
the bug could also be in a filter driver you have installed or a bug in the firmware of the drive (cache logic of the drive)

-you might remove the intel drivers and use the generic Microsoft sata drivers that come with windows.
- you might put your drives on a different sata controller/port
- you should see if you have broken filter driver installed
(ie start cmd.exe or powershell and run fltmc.exe to see what filters are installed.
here are the ones installed on my windows 10 system
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> fltmc filters

Filter Name Num Instances Altitude Frame
------------------------------ ------------- ------------ -----
wcnfs 1 409900 0
WdFilter 5 328010 0
storqosflt 0 244000 0
wcifs 1 189900 0
CldFlt 0 180451 0
FileCrypt 0 141100 0
luafv 1 135000 0
npsvctrig 1 46000 0
Wof 3 40700 0
FileInfo 5 40500 0

looks like the BIOS version that you installed was making some changes related to RAID so MSI might be aware of the problem. I would give them a call.

- NOTE: you have the windows 10 microcode update installed which should fix known bugs in the CPU (assuming it is being updated)

-you might consider turning off your cache to your drive, ie turn off lazy writes in the drive properties.

do remove the old overclocking tool, it will not know about the correct voltages for your cpu. it will provide too high a voltage to CPU pins and just cause very strange problems.
-----------
you have a over clock driver installed, remove

\E:\NTIOLib_X64.sys Tue Jun 28 18:57:56 2011

make sure the intel rapid storage driver is installed:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-A-PRO#down-driver&Win10%2064