Hard drive not showing during Windows 10 oem disk install

pikachu59553

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
I have recently built my first computer and bought the Windows 10 home oem as it seemed like the best option. It shows up just fine in my bios however when installing it, it does not seem to notice my wd 1tb hard drive. My computers specs are as follows:
Motherboard:STRIX H270F GAMING
Ram:2xcrucial 8gb ram
Proccesor: intel core i7-6700K
Hdd:Western digital 1tb WD1002FBYS.
Also as It is a new custom built pc it doesn't already have an os.

Solution
ok, its just i have seen hdd show in bios and then not show in installer, and sometimes its the drive to blame.

see if you can see hdd at all in windows by doing this
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
this shows all drives available, DVD/USB and hdd,

what shows? if there is only 1 showing its going to be the USB that you are running it off. If it shows 2 drives, try this
type Select disk X - where X is the number of the hdd you want to wipe, change X to that number and press enter
once the drive you want to install on is chosen, type Clean

as...

Colif

Win 11 Master
ok, its just i have seen hdd show in bios and then not show in installer, and sometimes its the drive to blame.

see if you can see hdd at all in windows by doing this
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
this shows all drives available, DVD/USB and hdd,

what shows? if there is only 1 showing its going to be the USB that you are running it off. If it shows 2 drives, try this
type Select disk X - where X is the number of the hdd you want to wipe, change X to that number and press enter
once the drive you want to install on is chosen, type Clean

as sometimes I have seen cases where drive needs to be formatted before windows will use it.

If list disk only shows 1 drive, you can try a Ubuntu liveusb and see if it can see the hdd as well. If both linux and Windows can't see it, good chance its the hdd.

Solution