USB port BSOD issue

TheMrbrain

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
I've been having a problem with my Gigabyte motherboard usb port, ive had it ever since i got my motherboard. I have my keyboard plugged into 2 usb 3.0 ports at the back of my computer, whenever I touch the cable for the keyboard it BSODs with the message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it says theres a problem with "rtwlanu.sys" sometimes when I touch the cable it just disconnects the keyboard for a second. I went to the Gigabyte website to download the new USB 3.0 driver but I cant install it because it's made for Windows 8.1 not 10
Thanks in advance

Solution
windows 10 should have a USB 3 driver built in

rtwlanu.sys = Realtek Wireless LAN Adapter driver, which seems an odd error to get from a keyboard but where is wireless card plugged in? Near the keyboard connection? What card do you use?

Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
windows 10 should have a USB 3 driver built in

rtwlanu.sys = Realtek Wireless LAN Adapter driver, which seems an odd error to get from a keyboard but where is wireless card plugged in? Near the keyboard connection? What card do you use?

Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Solution