Weird problems since recent windows update

catalin560

Reputable
Aug 8, 2017
Hello Forum! I'll get straight to the point: every time my PC starts the brightness is set to low (my screen is dark) and the On-Screen keyboard is turned on even though I don't need it.
Since the latest windows update, a couple of days ago, this has been happening to me every time I start my PC, it doesn't seem serious but it is annoying.
I always have to open Nvidia Control Panel go to Adjust desktop color settings then DESELECT (yes it is already selected) AND THEN RESELECT "Use Nvidia Settings" then hit Apply and everything is back to normal... only I have to do this each time my system boots up...
I don't understand, this has never happened to me before, could it be an issue with the display drivers? Then what the hell is wrong with the on-screen keboard? Why does it have to pop up each time?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is this a laptop or PC?

Have you done a restart since changing settings as it might not be saving the settings properly

where did you get nvidia drivers from? Windows update or Nvidia? What I would do is run DDU (see next link) and install drivers from the opposite of where you got them before. I had problems before with the Nvidia drivers so are using the windows update ones now

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

catalin560

Reputable
Aug 8, 2017
I've already said two times its a PC...

I've already mentioned it does this at each system boot... and each time I had to input the settings...

I've got the drivers from the official Nvidia site...

I've done a full uninstall and reainstall of Nvidia drivers and everything seems to be fine again! I don't have to reset the settings anymore! Thanks Colif!

Also I had to disable the OSK from services panel as it was still annoying me...