SSD (OS drive) suddenly became unallocated (111 gb free space)?

willisuh

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
My perfectly functioning PC suddenly froze while I was browsing my email.

When I attempted to reboot, the PC kept hanging on ASRock bios screen, so I reset the bios by reseating the CMOS battery.

While that fixed the problem of PC being stuck in the bios screen, it did not boot from the SSD, but instead from my USB boot drive (which was happened to be inserted at startup).

I tried running startup repairs, but it froze for few minutes at 'attempting repairs' with no apparent progress, so I rebooted using the reset button.

But now, the computer fails to recognize any window being installed on my SSD. It also shows the drive as unallocated with 111 gb (100%) free space.

What just happened? Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling windows?

willisuh

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
My ssd is being recognized as SATAFIRM S11 in bios, while before it was shown as palit ssd model number. Is my SSD corrupted?

Is there any way I can recover that partition and clone it to another SSD?

jakemhenwood

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
Hello mate, did you ever fix this?
I have the exact same problem and I am using the exact same SSD, assuming yours was the 120gb Palit SSD.
I am still trying to find a fix, let me know if you have one.
Merry Christmas!

kom51k23s

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

Hi guys.
I've the same problem with my new Kingston A400 after formatting OS X boot utility.
By this moment I've found a lot of information about it issue and the disk needs updating (firmware updating). However there is no any apropriate software for phison 3111 s11. In comperison with phision s9-s10, which have a lot of needed firmware to update.
People say that such SSD's should be returned under warranty.
Mary Holidays, guys.