No display even though pc is running

Nov 4, 2017
Hi I wanted to built a budget gaming pc. So I bought the parts and gave it to local store to assemble
Listed below are the parts I bought:

‌GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition ZT-P10510B-10L 4GB PCI Express Graphics Card

‌WD Blue Desktop 1TB Internal Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)

‌Cooler Master Hyper 212X - Premium Air CPU cooler for all Intel / AMD Processor - Cooling Solution

‌SMPS 80 plus bronze (CG 550 watt)

‌Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 LGA 1151 6th Gen F20 Updated BIOS Motherboard

‌Intel G4560 Pentium Processor LGA1151 (3.5 GHZ,3MB Cache)

‌G Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4 2400 Mhz (F4-2400C15S-16GVR) RAM

‌TP-LINK TL-WN881ND Wireless N300 PCI Express Adapter, 2.4GHz 300Mbps, Include Low-profile Bracket

Anyways they assembled it and gave to me. I brought it back home and for some reason the display won't come up. Pc starts up and all the fans are working. My monitor uses VGA cable so I plugged it into the mobo port since my gpu doesn't have VGA port. Screen showed no signal. What I want to know is
If gpu is installed, won't my motherboard VGA port work?

And if so, what to do?

I called the store guy to ask if they did boot up the system, they said they did and I know almost everybody would. I mean you will always check if the system is running after assembling and before giving back right?

Can anyone help me? I checked some of the threads and it got pretty confusing hehehe... So many different opinions

Solution
If the GPU is installed you have to plug it into the GPU. It disables onboard video ports

If you want to use onboard you have to remove the GPU

FD2Raptor

Admirable
You can remove the graphic card to see if you'd get some signal onto your screen or not, but I seems to recall that all current gen gpu, dedicated or integrated (Kabylake/Coffeelake and Pascal/Vega/Polaris) have abandoned the analogue signal used in the ancient D-sub, VGA, port.

Personally, I'd say that you'll need to find something like a DVI-to-VGA adaptor that can convert the digital signal to analogue for use with your monitor.

Otherwise, I don't know if you'll actually be able to have the GPU running any games if the monitor is only going to receive signal from the integrated GPU.