Dual Boot with 4 Operating Systems [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewetcm

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017
Good Morning

I'm here to ask your advice and opinions. I've currently partitioned my hard drive into 4 partitions for 4 different Operating Systems. Windows 10 (MainOS), Linux Mint, Kali Linux and IOS. Everything works perfectly however i have to change the boot order every time if i want to sign into each one of them. I do not get the message asking me what OS i want to sign into the GRUB. Can someone please assist me and give me some pointers on how to get that little menu to show up on startup so i can select the OS without changing the boot order?

Kind Regards

McHenryB

Admirable
IOS on a PC? I don't think so.

Your post makes no sense. How do you change the boot order to select a different partition? You can only select a different physical disk that way.

Actually there have been a lot of experiments of different people and organizations trying to get IOS to run on a PC, all to no avail. At this moment there really are no hacks to get IOS to run on a PC.

Kali Linux is a penetration tester. It should never be installed on a PC. It should always be used as pen tester from a USB stick. There is no benefit to installing Kali into a PC.

I have installed up to 13 different distros at one time in a multi-boot set-up, I have never had any issues or problems.

I agree with McHenry, your post does not sound right. Your post indicates that you can boot into IOS and use it, which I don't believe.

In order to multi-boot 4 different distributions you will need to have at least 7 partitions, not 4. Your post sounds very convoluted.

dewetcm

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017
Good Day Guys

I was a bit tired of staying awake for few days due to academic research. Ok so basically it's something I've tried in the past is to install 4 different Operating Systems on one harddrive and laptop. Mac, Linux Kali, Linux Mint and Windows 10. The Grub never displayed on bootup and automatically logged into Windows 10.

Log into your Linux Mint partition and update GRUB. I have successfully ran up to 11 different operating systems on my PC, so it is not difficult.

Ive always used EasyBCD for multiple OS's, during bootup it will pause for 25-30 seconds and give you a list of OS's installed (once set up) you just select the one you want and it will boot into it. If you don't do anything during boot it will load the primary OS after 30 seconds.

You can google EasyBCD free otherwise the newer version you have to pay for. Not sure if the older version will work for windows 10, I had it a while back for Win 7 & XP for dual boot.

*cough* I run IOSX Sierra 10.12 under Oracle Virtual Box on a pc... (screen resolutions is only issue I have left to solve... but it runs in 1024x768 :) it was fun figuring it out. (and no this is not mackintosh hack.)

I prefer using oracle VirtualBox over multi partitions, and I run flavors of Linux, Mac, Windows, android, and CP/M.

dewetcm

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017
So the only thing that I did was download the latest copy of each OS. Installed Windows 10 first, updated everything and partitioned my drive into 3 more partitions first and then installed LM-KL and Mac in this order and now everything has been working like a charm for almost 3 months. Apologies for the late response. Thank you for all of your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.