HDMI to VGA Active Adapter Doesnt Work

ivan_rubito_23

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
Hello again, maybe my thread didnt look seriously.

- Motherboard: GA-780T-D3L (Socket M2)
- GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
- CPU: AMD FX-9590
- System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits SP1

All the drivers are updated, and was formated 1 month ago maybe.

Ok, start.

One year ago, i bought this adapter:

https://www.amazon.es/UGREEN-Adaptador-Convertidor-monitor-proyector/dp/B01AU804HK/ref=sr_1_3/262-9183182-0126967?ie=UTF8&qid=1509913709&sr=8-3&keywords=convertidor+dvi-d+a+vga

My GPU only have HDMI, DISPLAY (i dont know the name, i think is that), and DVI-D. All digital, and my monitor was a LG L225WS (http://www.game-debate.com/monitor/index.php?mon_id=2869&monitor=LG%20Flatron%20L225WS%2022inch), only VGA. Then the monitor worked with the adapter.

Next, i bought a new monitor/tv, a philips tv with HDMI. I used it with hdmi to hdmi. All perfect.

THE PROBLEM IS COMING:

Now, i use the philip like a tv, then i set the LG monitor again. I tried with the DVI-D to HDMI adapter, like before. And doesnt work. I check the cable, and the GPU DVI-D exit in other pc, and monitors, and all were good, then i thought... must be the ADAPTER, must be broken. I bought another adapter, this time HDMI to VGA.

This is the new adapter: https://www.amazon.es/Adaptador-Convertidor-Ordenadores-Port%C3%A1tiles-Dispositivos/dp/B018HXJWMS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1509914355&sr=1-1&keywords=hdmi+vga+aukey

The adapter arrived to my home, i set it , and it worked. 3 days, no more.
I put off the pc, i went to have dinner, come back, and now doesnt works. "ANALOG SAFE MODE".
Like the DVI-D adapter.

I dont know what to do, i dont find anything in internet or forums. Only "buy a ACTIVE adapter", i know i need a active. I tried with the battery of the motherboard, waiting 2 minutes, changing the cables, etc... (I tried with the extra power with a USB in the active adapter)

I really need help, i am so desperate.

Thanks u very much.

Solution
Well, that is simple one. Adapter failed. As did the first one. Why? Because all (or almost all) such adapters are low quality things. Why? Because manufacturers want you to buy shiny new monitor for 200+ euro, not an adapter for less then 10. What business is it for them if you just buy adapter? None.
RMA the adapter, that's the only solution (aside from buying new monitor - yeah, sometimes technology advance kicks our backs).
Well, that is simple one. Adapter failed. As did the first one. Why? Because all (or almost all) such adapters are low quality things. Why? Because manufacturers want you to buy shiny new monitor for 200+ euro, not an adapter for less then 10. What business is it for them if you just buy adapter? None.
RMA the adapter, that's the only solution (aside from buying new monitor - yeah, sometimes technology advance kicks our backs).

Solution

ivan_rubito_23

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017

I think u are right. But, why only 3 days? Is so strange. Maybe is the main and only issue. Thanks u very much.

Can u explain me "RMA the adapter"?

The companies that make adapters don't even have an affiliation with the display producing companies. There's no need for conspiracy theories not to mention libel is against the rules. Most might be cheap but you can find some with reviews that are reliable.

TRENDING THREADS