Error when running a program on Win95 - 0x80040000 (-2147221504)

dn.lerkin

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
Hi, I'm having a problem when trying to open a program on Windows 95. This is a scanning software to activate a laser of a non-contact surface measurement system. This software was pre-installed on the computer, which came with this measurement system when it was purchased and I don't have another copy of the software. It appears that one of the files is corrupt an and the following message appears when I try to run it:

An unexpected error occured during Scan
Code: 0x80040000 (-2147221504)
Desc: DRSensor OCX failed to open

Please let me know if anyone has any advice on how to solve this error

dn.lerkin

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017

The device is a CyberOptics Cyberscan Cobra Laser Profile Scanner with a DRS-8000 Sensor. This is a proprietary software used to operate it and is simply called "Scan", part of a Scan Suite that comes with the item when it's purchased. this software is required in order to activate the laser and use the device

Carnaxus

Reputable
Apr 18, 2017
I decided to Google that scanner along with the word "software." I found a link to a thread on another forum where someone was asking for the same software, and was hoping that maybe someone had responded there.

Upon reading the first post, I realized it looked familiar. I then looked at the person's username. Well fancy that, I found you again.

Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of is to get a new scanner...which may not be possible, depending on what you use it for.

TRENDING THREADS