PC Freezing, Restarting and Blue Screening During Windows Startup

Nov 6, 2017
Hello guys,

so around 4 days ago i was about to stream using OBS however my PC froze (i couldn't even move my mouse), and after that i've been having issues logging back in even after using safe mode, attempting to reset Windows, updating my BIOS and even restoring Windows.

I have been able to successfully log in with safe mode and even without it a couple of times however it may randomly freeze again or after restarting.

I've used my SSD and HDD on another PC without any issues so i know that isn't the issue, however could this possibly be driver related? The numerous Blue Screens i've encountered have had the error messages "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and "Kernel Security Check Failure" as well as a few others that i didn't take note of.

Any ideas on what the issue could be or how i could resolve this issue with how limited my access is currently due to the situation?

Thank you

Specs
- i7 7700
- GTX 950
- 16gb DDR4 Gskill Trident Z
- Asus Prime H270-Plus
- Samsung 750 EVO 250GB

Solution
First reaction to irq errors during an install are, check the ram. Run the free version of www.memtest86.com on your ram, 1 stick at a time. Any errors above 0 are too many. Replace/remove stick if you get any.

it makes a bootable USB

Colif

Win 11 Master
First reaction to irq errors during an install are, check the ram. Run the free version of www.memtest86.com on your ram, 1 stick at a time. Any errors above 0 are too many. Replace/remove stick if you get any.

it makes a bootable USB

Solution