Fast help regarding windows 10 please

zZoKo

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
After using a good amount of time my current pc, im selling it and building a rig with a i5 7600k and 1060 6gb, now my question is that i've linked my microsoft account to this windows, and after getting on the new built rig and do the hardware changed option will i be able to get access to the windows 10 again without buying it again ?if yes then what about the owners that will get my pc? will he be denied from using this version of windows because i reactivated it on the new rig?

TD:LR = if i use the hardware change option in new pc to activate windows will the windows from this pc be removed?
i've searched this but didnt get any clear answers so im really confused, im selling the pc tomorrow so please quick answer :(
thank you

Solution
If you let him have windows you need a new license and he needs to link his to a microsoft account.

You need to purchase windows for your new setup if you try to run the same license both may deactivate.

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
windows 10 is tied to the hardware, not your microsoft account, if you do a system reset, it will still activate with microsoft without a problem. it is possible to tranfer the license if you need it, just enter the key on the new system. It will then ask you to phone microsoft to activate windows. it should ask how many pc's it is installed on, if you say only 1, then it should give you a long key to activate windows.

zZoKo

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
i need windows on this machine as the owners need it with windows installed and i cant sell it without, i will reinstall windows on this machine today or tomorrow to give the owners fresh copy without any of my programs installed..
so does that mean that i need to buy another copy of windows for my pc? they wont buy this current machine without windows installed

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

it can be, but only to make reactivating windows on a specific pc after a hardware change easier... at least thats how i understand it.

In Windows 10’s Anniversary Update, it’s now possible to associate your free Windows 10 license with your Microsoft account so you can more easily reactivate your PC after hardware changes in the future.
taken from https://www.howtogeek.com/226510/how-to-use-your-free-windows-10-license-after-changing-your-pc%E2%80%99s-hardware/

If this is no longer accurate then im sorry

zZoKo

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
I sold my pc yesterday successfully with the windows 10 on that machine, and ill buy a new windows 10 for christmas.
UPDATE: i decided to go with a i7 7700k and 1080 instead as the price difference was under 100$, link:
https://www.komplett.no/wishlist/shared/38fd4735-9719-484c-9c7b-9f01123e71fe
im open to suggestions, also i dont know if i should choose between the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC and the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor OC
i didnt want to make a whole new thread for this so a short answer is enough, btw the gigabyte is 25$ cheaper