Toms latest roll out...

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Any one else having trouble with this site? Why does Toms Hardware feel the need to constantly "improve" there site? Which usually, like now, is several steps backward as far as the front page is concerned anyway. Log in issues, pages rendering at odd resolutions, videos no one cares to see following you on the page... Just saying, for a tech site, it feels like a very poor web design. My two cents worth.

That's normal behaviour now on THF -- when you leave the site (ie you exit the browser or close all THF tabs) it automatically logs you off. It's to beef up security I guess.

Mildly annoying but it hasn't reduced my frequency of using the site, not at all. Logging on with Firefox's password manager makes it dead easy anyhow - - no typing - just a mouse click. No big deal.

McHenryB

Admirable
No. It logs me off while I'm actually using the site. I'm logged in fine, switch to another part of the forum and then I'm logged off.

I really don't need this sort of "security" for a simple forum. It's not as if Tom's has my bank details or any important information about me.

This is an actual bug that the devs are in the process of trying to fix.

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
I could almost live with the log in issues, but the way the pages are loading... At first, when the page loads initially, it looks fine, the first article I click on looks fine. The trouble starts as soon as I return to the home page. Page seems to render several different times, that look like its flip flopping between two different resolutions, and the page randomly jumps from top to bottom while it re-renders it several times. same thing happens when I click on the second article or in the forums. Once the page settles down, I can hit refresh and it then renders correctly. I am not having this issue with any site but Toms. This is on a Asus T300chi running win 10 and chrome. This behavior has been going on for about a week now. Started the same time the "look" of the front page was updated...