BSOD after 30 minutes on cold boot every time

mendoeke10

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
Since changing some components on my pc (motherboard,psu,cpu,cooler,ram) I have been getting a random BSOD about 10-30 minutes after booting. It only happens when the computer has been off for a while however. At first it was about 10 minutes after booting every time but recently it has gotten longer. I should mention that my windows license expired after changing the motherboard and I don't have a new one yet. I have tested my ram memory twice with full tests and it came out completely fine so I think that's not the problem. I used whocrashed to analyze some of the dump reports and all of them are different except they all say that a third party driver is the probable cause of this error. A few of them pointed specifically to the NVIDIA drivers, I tried uninstalling them and it didn't crash in 30 minutes. Unfortunately I use this pc for gaming and I can't do much without the nvidia drivers, I know it's probably bad to let my system crash after every startup but I honestly don't see what I can do. When it crashes the only software that is running is usually google chrome, discord, razer synapse and steelseries engine. Here's a list of all the BSOD's I've gotten so far, I keep getting new modules failed that I haven't seen before even after all this time.
*I got some of these multiple times, and at first I got these error without a specification on the module that failed

BSOD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- MODULE FAILED
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL USBXHCI.sys
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL intdppm.sys
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL netio.sys
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Wdf01000.sys
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL tcpip.sys
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl.sys
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA ks.sys
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION dxgmms2.sys
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ks.sys
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA driver according to whocrashed)
BAD_POOL_HEADER none specified
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgkrnl.sys (DirectX failure so I guess also graphics related)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED USBXHCI.sys
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgmms2.sys
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED NTFS.sys (windows ntfs filesystem)
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH none specified
REFERENCE_BY_POINTER? (I'm not sure as I didn't get enough time to write it all down)
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE none specified
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP clipsp.sys

PC specs:
motherboard: ROG Strix Z270H
cpu: Intel Core i5-7600k @3.8 GHz (not overclocked)
ram: 1x 16GB DDR4 (I test the ram with software on a cd that ran all kinds of different tests but I don't remember the name and I also let windows test it once, it all came out as fine)
PSU: Seasonic M12II-620
gpu: NVIDIA GTX 970

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.

mendoeke10

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017

I tested with both memtest and the windows one, thanks for you suggestion. I will re-install windows this weekend, the problem before was that I had to get a new license key because I changed motherboard and I only got it today so I couldn't reinstall windows

mendoeke10

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017

I just reinstalled windows, but it didn't fix the problem. Still got a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD after 30 minutes. Lately I've only been getting that one and it has been happening much later. I think it might have something to do with NVIDIA driver but I defenitely need it and I don't know what to do about it.

mendoeke10

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017

The BIOS and firmware is up to date but I'm afraid I don't know what you mean with hardware info check. Is there any specific type of software or bootable image that I can use to check the 12v rail? Additionally I have tested some stuff and I have noticed that usually it takes about 30 minutes to crash unless I start playing a game, then it crashes after only 5 minutes. I think it still is the nvidia driver, but do you know if there is any way to circumvent this problem. Because I can't use my pc like I would normally without nvidia drivers.