Help with Benq XL2430T and settings for graphic editon

hackerock

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
I am very happy with my monitor Benq XL2430T as far as gaming in concerned.

I also use it to edit photos in photoshop or lightroom, and some video color grading buy I can't get an optimal configuration for these uses.

I've been researching but I only find settings configurations for games, nothing for photoshop, final cut pro, premiere, or lightroom.

I know that I should buy an IPS monitor, but my "cry for help" :D is for a setting for my monitor...

Thank you all in advance

Solution

hackerock

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016

I'm not talking about colour calibration... I'm talking about a right settings for photo editing... or if you prefer to be a "regular" monitor.

As you say, every monitor is slighlty different, but the default settings, or many others I've found (all for games) they are far from a regular monitor... colors are too saturated, contrast is really high, and there are other settings like "Blur reduction", "black EQualizer", "low blue light", "AMA"... that really don't help when I want something when I use it for photo editing.

As I said, for gaming is perfect.

This monitor is made for gaming, it has a hole bunch of settings to make games look great... what it does, but I can't find the right setting to look at least as a normal monitor.... :heink:

Thank you anyway for your answer :D

I'll keep searching for somebody that had found the holy grail for my "issue" :lol:

Well as a photographer, I can tell you what you want is not called settings but calibration. A spyder or similar is how you calibrate your monitor. This is get it to display the correct colors so you don't edit something to be blue only to hear everyone else thinks it is some shade of purple.

Solution