Computer lags heavily when opening web browser after Windows 10 update.

Simtpal

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015
Hello and thanks in advanced at any replies.

I recently updated my windows 10 machine and every time I try to open a web browser the mouse lags and the cpu reaches close to 70% usage. There is heavy input lag.I have never seen this. This only happens with chrome, firefox, opera nad canary and it does not happen with edge for some reason. My specs are as follows.

intel i7 4790
AMD radeon r9 290
16 gigs RAM
240 gigs ssd in which os and the web browser is installed.
2 1TB drives for software regarding my work, games and media.

Nothing like this happened before but since I installed the new update my computer has been doing this. This is very weird. I do not want to make any assumptions of foul play on microsoft's part but it's either that or some weird bug relating to my computer.

Link to video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_h_X0mf0y8

Simtpal

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015

Thank you for your reply, I have already ran scans with kaspresky and my CPU temps are nominal while opening the web browser application. My CPU idles around 40 degrees Celsius.

The latest version of FF (v56) is a memory hog and the CPU usage can go up quite a bit.

Just had 3 tabs open it went to 90-94% CPU usage !

It can use up to 1.5 GB on this with just one tab open !

At the mo, the only tab thats open is this site. It's using 911-918 mb!

So the prob may not be FF, Mozilla need to fix it

Simtpal

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015

Thank you for your reply, But the computer does not lag when I am browsing. It simply lags while starting the application for the first time after boot. Im going to post a video that will hopefully explain what I am trying to convey better.

yo.edy.4ever

Reputable
Nov 8, 2017
Check your HDD/SSD with CrystalDiskInfo. Check your CPU with Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. Run every command from here http://www.howto-connect.com/sfc-scannow-dism-exe-chkdsk-windows-10/. Run AdwCleaner, maybe it will fix the browsers. I can't watch the video. Also, uninstall Chrome and Firefox with Revo Uninstaller portable and clean everything. After, download Chrome and Firefox beta(if you have stable, if you already have beta, install dev/canary)

Simtpal

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015
I went on a mass uninstall spree. I use multiple monitors so i had a bunch of software dedicated to managing multiple monitors and I had a bunch of remote computing software like splash top and team viewer. My problem was solved after I uninstalled them. I still do not know which program caused this as I uninstalled en-mass. But fianally i can use my computer normally.