How can I select which updates should be installed on Windows 10 Pro x64?

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Hi guys. This is Taimoor Baig. I got my new CPU HP Pavilion. Installed Windows and activated it. Stopped Updates, Windows Defender and Firewall. Then I placed in my GPU. Which is Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050ti Windforce OC G1. Then I downloaded every latest required driver (except video driver) from drp.su. Then I downloaded Geforce Experience. Installed it. Then Geforce Experience downloaded latest Game Ready Driver. But when I tried installing it, i got this error : "Game Ready driver is not compatible with this version of windows". I searched this on Google and found that I have to update my Windows first.

So I am going to start updating because the windows which I have was downloaded in 2015 from microsoft official website, so its quite old.

But when i start updating, the nvidia geforce gtx 1050ti video driver was also downloading with the updates and its completely useless for me because i am going to install Geforce experience later.

so how can i prevent it from downloading with updates?

Thanks in advance. Love you guys.....:)

Solution
just let it do it's thing, let it download everything, and then install experience, it'll check what driver you have, and update if needed. That's all experience does with respect to drivers.

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
first i tried windows 10 update assistance. it took 8 hours for downloading, verifying and updating and when it was at 98% unfortunately, the power of my house went off. everything was just WASTED!!! i reinstalled my windows and started this thread.