Monitor Comparison Acer Predator XB321HK and Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

wrongfoot08

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
Hey everyone,

Quick question. Trying to decide between these two monitors. I currently have Ps4 Pro and in the process of building a pc, graphics card will be a GTX 1080Ti. Besides the size and the prices, which would be the better option for me between the Asus ROG Swift PG279Q and Acer Predator XB321HK?

Solution

Hi,
The PG279Q has native 144Hz (overclockable to 165Hz) and 2K resolution (WQHD) where the XB321HK has native 60Hz but 4K resolution (UHD).
2K and 4K are both quite new resolutions, it depends on what do you want to use your monitor.
If you use more your PS4 (low framerate) than the PC (unlimited framerate) I would recommend the Acer: it has more screen resolution and you don't need a lot of FPS.
I have, and prefer, the PC...

samuel.dozio

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017

Hi,
The PG279Q has native 144Hz (overclockable to 165Hz) and 2K resolution (WQHD) where the XB321HK has native 60Hz but 4K resolution (UHD).
2K and 4K are both quite new resolutions, it depends on what do you want to use your monitor.
If you use more your PS4 (low framerate) than the PC (unlimited framerate) I would recommend the Acer: it has more screen resolution and you don't need a lot of FPS.
I have, and prefer, the PC so I would choose the PG279Q: people says that there is a difference between 60Hz and 144Hz, I like more framerate than a super 4K res. Anyway in FPS I wouldn't look at every pixel of a 4K monitor, I find better a smooth game.

I hope you can understand my English and what I meant to say,
Have a nice day

Solution