Would it be best to upgrade my graphics card and ram, or just save up and buy a new computer?

Austin_63

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
Right now I have this as my build:

Graphics: GTX 950. thinking about upgrading to a 1060 6gb.
Ram: I have a dual channel 8gb 1333 DDR3, thinking about upgrading to 16gb 2400.
Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2 ( Probably won't be upgrading this unless I desire more PCIE or more ram slots )
CPU: AMD A10-7700K. ( Probably won't upgrade this unless I desire to run major triple A titles more often, as of now I haven't had an issue. )

So my plan is just to upgrade my graphics card and then get better ram. I just want to make sure that it's doable with the current MB and CPU.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
8gb is still enough for most games, I'd leave that unless you have a specific game that needs more mainly because DDR3 will not be any use to you in future upgrades. The graphics card is a huge leap forward though and you could keep it if you upgrade again so it's a better investment IMO.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

leave it as is, save for a complete rebuild

it's a dead end, any gpu you add higher than a gtx 1050 ti will be held back by the a10 to the point you would see little benefit if any

wasting money on faster ram same deal when ddr4 is going to be needed for a platform upgrade