Problem with second display

foku

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
Hi,
I got problem when trying to connect second display to my laptop. Laptop has only HDMI and miniDP port and monitor has DVI-D and D-SUB. So i used HDMI cable with DVI adapter. It looks like its working, i can see my monitor name in device manager, there is signal (there is no "no signal" message) and i can move my mouse in expand mode BUT monitor stays blank, all the time black. My laptop is MSI GE72 and display is iiyama ProLite E2208HDS. Monitor is working fine with my PC with standard DVI cable.

fusionsource

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Hi,

I have just posted a similar problem about my MSI GE72, as a test try change the display frequency to 30hz and see if you get a picture. If I plug in an HDMI cable I get a black screen and I also have a configuration at home that I use an HDMI to DVI adapter, same problem. When I set my frequency to 30hz, it then shows a picture but at poor quality. I will let you know if somebody responds to my problem.

foku

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
Hi again,
I did not solve problem with this hdmi cable and i honestly didn't have time to play around this, instead i bought cheapest miniDP-DVI adapter in shop (for like 8 $ or 5 €) and it's working fine out of the box. Well, its seems like signal need to be conventered after all, too bad card was suppose to do that itself. Adapter look like this: https://www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/xlarge/public/field/image/2016/04/Microsoft-DVI-Mini-DisplayPort-Adapter-Press.jpg?itok=ZKMbX_R2