Which of these two gaming monitors is better choice?

Raverr

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
Solution

If all you'll be playing is CS:GO, or similar games, the G-Sync may not matter all that much. Games like Witcher 3 it can.

The problem in choosing a monitor is in some cases, like this one, what I'd look for and what you look for can differ significantly. Personally I'd choose one of the alternatives, probably the AOC AG271QG.... However I do understand it may not be available in your area, or available at a price you'd consider acceptable... plus your needs are different than mine. it can make the recommendation a little more difficult...

Now... ignoring adaptive sync technologies, and the related AMD/NVidia...

They offer different Adaptive sync technology. Dell offers G-Sync, which requires an NVidia GPU. The AOC offers freesync which is supported by AMD. In that sense, since you have a GTC-1080, the DELL will be better utilized.

CS:GO isn't the most hardware challenging game out there, so from that point, based on CS:GO, it doesn't matter that much. For other games, this might not exactly apply.

The larger screen is a plus, and the curved screen may or may not be to you.

In this case, I'd have to side with the DELL... but are there any other options that are 1440p, 144hz+, G-Sync, and maybe around 27-28"?
- Maybe one of these? https://it.pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#m=143,13&W=2600,2800&r=256001440&sort=-rating&T=1,4&A=1

If all you'll be playing is CS:GO, or similar games, the G-Sync may not matter all that much. Games like Witcher 3 it can.

The problem in choosing a monitor is in some cases, like this one, what I'd look for and what you look for can differ significantly. Personally I'd choose one of the alternatives, probably the AOC AG271QG.... However I do understand it may not be available in your area, or available at a price you'd consider acceptable... plus your needs are different than mine. it can make the recommendation a little more difficult...

Now... ignoring adaptive sync technologies, and the related AMD/NVidia division, (something I didn't initially do)... Yeah, go ahead and get the larger monitor. 1440p will feel less compressed into the screen-space.

Solution