LG 4K monitor red line on edge

gamer_patriot

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Hi there,

I bought (LG 27UD68P-B) this monitor few months back and its showing me the thin Red line on the left edge of the screen and there is tiny inverted 'L' shape on the top right corner. First I thought it must be graphics issue but its not. Even in the PC bios mode its showing this line and also when I connect the PS4 it has the same red line.
There is another thing to my problem, the red line is shown only when there is black / dark area on the edge. If I open say Windows Explorer or browser page, the red line disappears completely. And if I have an image or wallpaper with dark color its appears again.
Any Solutions?

Thanks

austintx1985

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
Sounds like your monitor is having issues. I would contact LG about it and see if they can issue an RMA on it, assuming it is still under warranty.

gamer_patriot

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

Thanks for the quick reply, I've already registered on LG website for support but thought I'll ask on this forum for pro advice. There is another thing to my problem, the red line is shown only when there is black / dark area on the edge. If I open say Windows Explorer or browser page, the red line disappears completely. And if I have an image or wallpaper with dark color its appears again.

Thanks

gamer_patriot

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I finally got my display replaced. LG was quick to react on this, my new display is great. Thanks for your response austintx1985.

TRENDING THREADS