Monitors Vs. TVs

appletatoes

Honorable
Sep 3, 2017
So I'm looking at a 4K 40" LG 32UD59-B that's selling for ~$430 and now I'm seeing a Samsung 4K 40" MU6290 that's going to be on sale for ~$330 this Black Friday.

Some questions come to mind. Why wouldn't I just buy the Samsung one?

The Samsung TV says a motion rate of 120. Is that the same as refresh rate with monitors? Doesn't that mean, if it is the same as refresh rate, that the Samsung TV would be really great for gaming over the 60Hz LG one?

Are the only real differences here the size differences between the 32" and the 40"? I'm trying to figure out what the big differences are and why not just go with the bigger one especially if the refresh rate is that good.

Thank you,
Appletatoes

Solution
Depends on your needs.If you want the maximum out of gaming,i would suggest going for the PC Monitor,due to it's faster Refresh Rate and probably pixel density.

Altough if you don't really care,and you prefer the size more,the TV will do great.

I would suggest the Monitor for gaming perposes only.

laptopuserr

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
Depends on your needs.If you want the maximum out of gaming,i would suggest going for the PC Monitor,due to it's faster Refresh Rate and probably pixel density.

Altough if you don't really care,and you prefer the size more,the TV will do great.

I would suggest the Monitor for gaming perposes only.

Solution

appletatoes

Honorable
Sep 3, 2017

Thank you!