Is this a dead pixel?

wegotparm

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
Recently I picked up a Dell S2417DG last week and it has been really fantastic for my gaming. While the monitor looked great when it arrived, I noticed today in the top right corner of my screen a strange dark spot. Most dead pixels I've experienced before are completely black, yet this spot is almost faded. When I tilt my head to change the viewing angle it almost feels like it's a dark spot "behind" the screen, if that makes any sense. I can see it on any white/colored screen. Here's an image:

aPm8KXG.png

As you can see, it's not fully dark, just sort of faded. It's definitely noticeable if I'm looking for it, even at a normal viewing distance. Any idea what this is? Thinking about returning and replacing.

Solution
It looks to me (from here) that it is two stuck pixels. Stuck pixels are a bit different than dead pixels. They sometimes get stuck at one color depending on the screen. Try changing screen background colors and see if they disappear or change color.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It looks to me (from here) that it is two stuck pixels. Stuck pixels are a bit different than dead pixels. They sometimes get stuck at one color depending on the screen. Try changing screen background colors and see if they disappear or change color.

Solution