kingbongo

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013
hello I am in the need of a new monitor for my xbox one x/pc
I need a 28inch with 4k & maybe hdr? budget is £300

all monitor suggestions will be greatly apprenticed
thankyou

Solution

That would be one of those entry level products. A TN display, it does not have HDR. If you want to prioritize gaming over viewing quality, it isn't a bad choice. But pretty much all decent TVs are IPS/PLS displays with good viewing angles and color (but slow response times)

The only HDR monitor I think is available is the Dell UP2718Q and it is £1800. A few more scheduled for release in early 2018. HDR...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

That would be one of those entry level products. A TN display, it does not have HDR. If you want to prioritize gaming over viewing quality, it isn't a bad choice. But pretty much all decent TVs are IPS/PLS displays with good viewing angles and color (but slow response times)

The only HDR monitor I think is available is the Dell UP2718Q and it is £1800. A few more scheduled for release in early 2018. HDR is fairly new to the monitor industry, and not that old for the TV market. Not very many games support it either (though I imagine the XBox will require support in their ports, or have a way to emulate it)

Solution

kingbongo

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013

okay thankyou for all your advice I think I may avoid the hdr and maybe wait till black Friday and see if I can get a deal on a higher end monitor, thanks again