PC Booting to Command Prompt Only **WINDOWS 10**

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackyisback

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Okay so here's how it goes. I have a 5 month old Alienware R4 17 Inch laptop. I turn it on, the alienware logo loads as normal, I get to the login screen as normal, it recognizes my face and logs in. Then I hit the current issue.

The screen is all black and the only thing I can see is a command prompt waiting for directions. I can CTRL + ALT + DELETE and function from there. This almost seems like a safe mode? But when i do the MSCONFIG it is set to start up normal, nothing about safe mode etc. Please help!!!!

mackyisback

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
As a Reference, from what I remember last time I looked at the MS Config settings, it keeps defaulting to selective startup, with load system services, original boot config, and load startup items checked. Idk if this is an alienware specific setup or my issue.

Under the boot section it has selected the only boot option of WINDOWS 10 (C:\WINDOWS) : CURRENT OS; DEFAULT OS

Under boot options nothing is checked and timeout is 30 seconds.

I did try to boot with startup section selecting normal startup and diagnostic setup with no luck.

I will post screenshots shortly regardless.

mackyisback

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
It won't let me add photos from my phone . When I did the bcdedit it told me the specified entry multiplier is not valid the parameter is incorrect.

How do I do a system restore if I have No icons etc. Idk what to do sorry

mackyisback

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
If I open my computer through the ctrl alt delete screen I can open everything. Internet. Steam. Blizzard launcher. My background is black and I still have no icons or Windows start menu etc

Status
Not open for further replies.