Disk GPT Partition

henykeogh

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys, I’ve been trying to install windows 10 to my new m.2 SSD on new build, the USB I got from windows didn’t install without giving me errors so I redownloaded onto my own flash drive. Now I can’t go select my ssd for install because it reads - “Windows cannot be installed to this disk, the selected disk is not of the GPT partition style”.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I’ve been trying to get my new system up and running for almost a week now!
Thanks for reading.

Solution
Have you deleted the partition(s) that exist (if any) until all you're left with are "unallocated space" and let the Windows installer create your partition(s) itself?

henykeogh

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
I’ve just tried on both UEFI and non UEFI on the usb, when booting on UEFI Mode it reads “we couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information see the set up log files”.
On non UEFI I simply cannot proceed

henykeogh

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
That did the trick my friend! For some reason I thought it would be a bad idea to delete the partition marked as “primary”, silly me. But seriously though I can’t thank you enough for your help getting me up and running, thanks a bunch man!!