DisplayPort 1.2/1.2a (LG 29UM69G-B)

allanfromnz

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
I have a dp1.4 on my gpu and my monitor is connected by dp1.2. Is it compatible if I buy a dp1.2 cable. This monitor has freesync so is that only enabled by purchasing a dp1.2a cable? Is dp1.2 even the same a

Solution
The version does not come from the cable. All versions of DisplayPort use the same cable. FreeSync and all other features will work on any DisplayPort cable.

All versions of DisplayPort are compatible. If two DisplayPort devices have mismatched versions like DP 1.4 connected to DP 1.2, then the lower of the two versions will be used, so the DP 1.4 device will operate as a DP 1.2 device instead.
The version does not come from the cable. All versions of DisplayPort use the same cable. FreeSync and all other features will work on any DisplayPort cable.

All versions of DisplayPort are compatible. If two DisplayPort devices have mismatched versions like DP 1.4 connected to DP 1.2, then the lower of the two versions will be used, so the DP 1.4 device will operate as a DP 1.2 device instead.

Solution