i5 6500 benchmarking result and comparison

mckiadnomac

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
my%20result_zps5odgwlxc.png

This is the result I got.
Compared to this "standard" result from Cinebench's website
standard_zpsivrl45qs.png

I'm not really familiar with benchmarking, there's probably a lot of other things which affects the results, but the difference between mine and the standard is kinda alarming for me. Is this normal? Because if there's really something wrong with my processor then I will have to complain from the place where I bought it.

I've been playing Assassin's creed Origins for a few days, and I know and heard that it uses a lot from the processor, but is it normal that I cannot multitask nor do anything while playing the game? Whenever I try to watch a movie while playing, the game freezes a lot after every 3-5secs. I've checked the internet and it looks like some people doesn't have problems with this. I checked on my task manager while playing and the cpu process goes up to or more than 100%.

Can someone tell me if this is normal.

The i5's 4c/4 threads will limit it's responsiveness, especially in newer games while trying to run other tasks, and MANY folks complain of not only high CPU usage (harmless enough in itself, but, disconcerting when accompanied by...) , stuttering if running other Windows applications. Many older i5 fans are still 100% satisfied, but, the the 'i5 stutter/lag' complaints are growing in frequency, and with an seemingly increasing larger number of games... (Those running with 60 HZ monitors on GPU-limited rigs with GTX1050/1060 equivalents might not notice it as much due to the framerate limitations at 1080P)